12.30.2011

Resolutions

Happy (almost) New Year!! ‘Tis the season of making plans and promises. Eat better, exercise more, have endless patience with the children, yadda, yadda, yadda.

My professional goal is to be more free and flowing with my shop. I probably shouldn’t tell you this, but I tend to get bored easily. I’ll spend a couple of days furiously making tons of upcycled stationery, only to find that I’m bored by it. Then I’ll move on to wrapping pencils with my scrap stationery paper.  Fun for a while, then – Whammo! Bored. Newspaper coasters? Cute, but tedious. Custom painted picture frames? Lovely, but they take an enormous amount of time to do for the amount of money that I charge. For some strange reason, I feel like I need to stick to painting and upcycling because it says “An eclectic mix of handpainted designs, custom pieces and upcycled eco-art” on my facebook page. Um, HELLO!? Why don’t I just rewrite the tag line on my facebook page? Or, even better, I could go with it and embrace the phrases “eclectic mix” and “custom pieces.”

I hereby vow to make 2012 the year of my creativity. I’ll make what feels fun at the time, and see what happens. Maybe if I write it down here in cyber-space for all to see I’ll actually do it.

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...